Complaints and Compliments

How to make a formal complaint about health services
Many complaints can be resolved quickly by discussing them directly with the manager concerned or the provider of the service. However, if you do want to make a formal complaint, let us know as soon as possible, as there is a time limit of 12 months from the date of the matter or incident which is the subject of the complaint - although this can be waived depending on the circumstances.

Details about our complaints process and a copy of our policy can be downloaded here. You will find further information in the next drop down box on the information you will need to make a complaint.

There are two ways people can make a complaint about GP Practices, dentists, opticians or pharmacies:

  1. They can complain to the healthcare provider: this is the organisation where they received the NHS service, for example a GP practice, a dental practice, a community pharmacy or an optometry practice or
  2. They can complain to the commissioner of the service: this is the organisation that paid for the service or care they received.

Anyone wanting to make a complaint about the above services to the commissioner, can do so by downloading and completing the form found here.

You can also call 0300 561 0290

Members of the public will still be able to make a complaint to the provider. This is NOT changing. There is also no change for people wishing to make a complaint for specialised services, health and justice, screening and immunisations and continuing healthcare.

We can also be contacted at:

South East Complaints Hub
NHS Frimley Integrated Care Board
King Edward VII Hospital
St Leonards Road

Complaints about care provided in the community or in hospital.

Complaints regarding community and hospital care can be investigated and responded to either by the service provider which provided the care, or by NHS Frimley as the responsible commissioner. This is in line with In line with The Local Authority Social Services and National Health Service Complaints (England) Regulations 2009.

Complainants have a right to receive information to enable them to make an informed choice about which organisation they wish to direct their complaint to. Examples of community services include: district nursing, wheelchair clinic, and mental health services.